Due to our expansion programme for 2014/15, we have an immediate vacancy for a Machine Operator in our Gluing department.
The main functions of the post are:
Responsible for setting up and running machinery and providing instruction, to other team members, in order that they can run machines and produce quality products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for setting up and running machinery to meet the efficiencies and quality required.
- Providing instruction to other team members to enable them to run machinery and produce quality products.
- To communicate in person and on the telephone with colleagues, customers and other visitors in a friendly and positive manner.
- To work in accordance with Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations at all times.
- To undertake staff training and development to enhance the role and your personal development.
- To undertake any other such duties, within the competency of the post.
- To work in a flexible manner.
- To work effectively as part of a team.
- To maintain a general level of tidiness in work areas, and ensure punctual time keeping in accordance with contracted hours.
We are looking for the right candidate to meet our Company Values, have the necessary experience, enthusiasm, able to demonstrate passion in the role and with an excellent work ethic.
The candidate can expect a clean and friendly working environment with an attractive pay package which includes Life Cover, Pension, Holiday Pay Bonus and work wear.
If you feel that you the skills and attributes to meet our requirements, please email our Operations Director – Liam Cox: email@example.com
Location: FC Cartons Ltd – Castle Donington
Responsible to: Production Co-ordinator
Main Functions of the Post:
To assist with Production Machinery effiencies and uphold the required Hygiene standards throughout the production and site facilities.
Experience in engineering, mechanical engineering and or the construction industry. Experience in the carton industry is not a requirement as in-house training will be provided. However any packaging and carton experience may be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out light maintenance work on machine parts at the end of production runs under the direction of Machine Operators.
- To maintain the required hygiene and cleaning standards on all machines and production and site area’s.
- To manage the storage and maintenance of machine parts and ancillary equipment.
- To carry out light maintenance & repair work as required throughout the site.
- To work in accordance with Health and Safety and Hygiene regulations, and to report all accidents/incidents to the Management Tier.
- To undertake such staff training and development that may be required to assist you in your current role or may be a requirement of the Company.
- To undertake any other such duties, within the competency of the post, which may from time to time be determined.
- To communicate in person with colleagues and visitors in a friendly and positive manner.
- To Work effectively as part of a team to deliver and demonstrate the Company Values & Guiding Principles.
Negotiable subject to previous experience and knowledge.
Due to this being a new role we have initially set the hours as part-time however, additional hours may be necessary, further discussion relating to hours can be had at interviews.
Part time hours required over 5 days 8.00am – 12.00 noon.
- PPC – work uniform provided
- Holiday 22 days plus 8 statutory bank holiday – paid pro-rato depending on part time hours worked
- Death in Service Life Cover
- Pension Scheme
Please submit a CV in the first instance to Debra Woodyatt – Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We extend a warm welcome to a new addition who recently joined us. We get to know Tom Booth a little bit better.
You may be familiar with Tom Booth our Machine Assistant, who has worked with us over many summer holidays while studying at university. We’re happy to report that Tom recently landed a coaching position with Derby County. Luckily, after coaching he still has some spare time to join us. This isn’t for personal training or fitness sessions of course, but for his experience as a machine assistant! Rumour has it that he’s helping ‘Jose’ as well with Athletica’s pre-season training!
Tom shared his thoughts on his time here and said, “fc cartons and their staff have been great to me over the last few years; supporting me through University and my time in America, and I am very grateful for the opportunity to return and work here whilst I try to progress as a coach.”